Destemming of the grapes harvested before complete ripeness and maceration at 29 ° C for 24 hours.
Fermentation at controlled temperature at 16 ° -18 ° C with selected yeasts.
Aging in stainless steel tanks for 8 months during which the malolactic fermentation takes place naturally.
The second fermentation takes place at the end of spring, after a good evolution of the base wine. The refermentation in the bottle takes two and a half months at a controlled temperature of 14 ° C.
The bottles obtained mature on the lees in the underground cellar in large baskets for a minimum period of 24-30 months after bottling.
Remuage is done in pupitres which are moved twice a week for a month and a half.
This is followed by the disgorging and the dosage which gives greater softness and at the same time safeguards the peculiarities of the wine.
After disgorging, the wine rests for at least one month before being marketed
- Qualification Sparkling Wine VSQ Classic Method Brut Rosè
- Grapes Nerello Mascalese 100%
- Soil Sands of volcanic origin
- Altitude 500m. s.l.m.
- Average yields 50-60 hl / ha
- Espalier farming
- Strains 4'500 plants / ha
- Alcohol content 12.5% Vol.
- Fixed acidity 6-7 gr / l
- Residual sugars <8 gr = "" l = ""
- Manual harvesting in crates with plastic crates carried out before complete ripening
- Pressing Destemming, short maceration in pneumatic presses and gentle pressing
- Decanting Cooling of the must and decanting in insulated tanks
- Fermentation In stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (14 °) for about 20 days
- Aging In stainless steel tanks for 7-8 months
- Bottle aging On the lees for a variable period between 2.5 and 3 years
- Remouage With giropalettes
- Potential> 5 years from disgorging
- First production 2004 harvest
- Annual production 25'500 bottles 0.75 l
- Color Antique pink, of good intensity
- Perlage Fine and continuous
- Bouquet Delicate hints of raspberry and Etna cherries, hazelnut and sensations of yeast
- Taste Red fruit, dog rose, pomegranate, mineral, fine, of good intensity and persistence
- Pairings Tuna tartare, spaghetti with sea urchins